Stonefruit Community Herbalists offer classes and workshops on and off site. We have experience teaching herbalists, community members, people in various health fields, college students and children. Our workshops aim to be accessible to all, to address individual needs in the audience, and to deepen our understanding and connections to plants and plant medicine.
Plant Sips! Astragalus
Thursday, December 13th, 7-8:30pm
Bloomcraft Building Rm. 200A- 460 Melwood Ave, Pittsburgh
Cost: Donation – Register!
Teacher: Vilde Chaya Fenster-Ehrlich
Join Stonefruit Community Herbalists for our monthly Plant Sip! Plants affect us in subtle and powerful ways. Hone your skills of observation of these effects and better understand our intimate relationship with plants. Relax with a cup of tea and get to know a plant more intimately through different activities involving your senses, and learn about the medicinal value and traditional uses.
Astragalus! It’s wintertime and people are getting sick all around you. This sweet root is known to stimulate immune activity – but what does that mean? And what does it feel like in your body? Let’s spend the evening with a strong astragalus decoction and get to know this milk vetch root!
If you would like to book us for a class or workshop, please be in touch. We love bringing our workshops to you and can tailor each class to your audience, time frame and topic. If you don’t see a topic listed, please be in touch and we can work with you to develop a workshop with a different focus.
We have workshops prepared on the following topics:
- Managing Chronic Pain with Herbs
- Introduction to using Plant Medicine
- Herbs 101
- Herbal Support for Anxiety and Depression
- Cease Fire: Herbs to Help with IBS, Irritable Bowel, Heartburn and Discomfort
- Fix your Sleep Cycle Naturally with Herbs
- Medicine Making- Herbal Teas, Tinctures, Salves, Syrups and Lip Balm
- Growing Herbs- What to Grow and How to Grow it
- Herbal Energetics: Matching the People to the Plants
- Herbal First Aid
- Plant and Weed Walks
- Trans Self-Care with Herbs
- Trans Competence and Herbal Support for Practitioners
- Herbs for Sexual Health
- Herbal Medicine for Childhood Ailments
- Herbal Medicine through the Seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
- Using Herbs for People Living with HIV
- Botany for Beginners